OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) — A mask mandate is on the minds of leaders in Oak Ridge.
On Monday, the city council passed a resolution asking Anderson County’s mayor for a limited mandate focused just on the city limits.
Right now, Oak Ridge is a city under two sets of rules, because it straddles county lines. Partly in Roane County, which has a mask mandate, the other in Anderson County, which does not.
Roane County Mayor Ron Woody announced a mask mandate last month.
Anderson Count Mayor Terry Frank did not, saying she didn’t think, “we can police our way out of a pandemic.”
City Manager Mark Watson says that a decision should be made at the earliest possible moment.
- Sheriff Spangler: ‘Our family is hurting’
- Hamblen County memorial honors those who have lost their lives to COVID-19
- A look at Dolly Parton’s gifts to others on her 75th birthday
- Saving Tennessee’s future: Gov. Lee addresses lawmakers in special session on education
- Knoxville man gets help getting mail