OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) — After 43 years of active fire service with four different fire departments and 22 years servicing as a fire chief for three of those departments.
Oak Ridge Fire Chief Darryl Kerley is hanging up his fire service career to become a full-time fire service instructor and coordinator for the state of Tennessee.
Kerley will step down from his current role Friday, Aug. 21.
The city of Oak Ridge Fire Department will be led by Fire Marshall Travis Solomon, who will assume the interim chief duties effective Aug. 22.
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 6 game highlights
- Vol fans gear up for football season; share excitement about first game
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- Bars, restaurants prep for first Vol football game since COVID-19