KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — In celebration of National Engineers Week and to spark interest in potential future ones, engineers from Oak Ridge National Lab visited local middle schools to share the joys of science, math and technology with young students.
The ORNL engineers offered hands-on experience in the classroom while explaining how current research inside the lab has had an impact on the outside world.
The visit was in the hopes of encouraging the 6th, 7th and 8th graders to think about their future career options in the STEM field.
A total of 15 middle schools across East Tennessee that were visited by an ORNL engineer this week.
- FedEx aims to go carbon-neutral by 2040
- Michigan mother tosses baby to neighbor from roof to escape fire
- Dr. Seuss books going for exorbitant prices on Amazon
- Black market for marijuana still thriving even as more states legalize it for medicinal, recreational use
- ‘Symbol of hatred’: No charges after KKK flag hangs next door to Black family’s home