KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — There is a new petition to legalize open containers in the historic Market Square.
The petition is being spearheaded by local business owner Scott West. An open letter posted on ScruffyCity.com says the change would be good for the long-term and short-term, adding it’s easier to prevent the spread of COVID-19 outdoors.
Michel Hummel with Downtown Knoxville Alliance says an idea like this is nothing new as other Tennessee cities have areas where open containers are already allowed.
Want to view the petition? See below:
- Omaha Bound: Vols offense erupts for six home runs to beat LSU, win Super Regional
- As COVID-19 cases wane, governors take different views on ending emergency orders
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Migrant peeled from trunk of car during traffic stop in South Texas
- Knoxville Police: Man ‘tired of millennials’ chases woman, blocks car at dead end
- ‘Cave syndrome’: What it is, how to cope with it