PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Ramsey Hotel and Convention Center is receiving funds from the state to help become more energy efficient.
USDA Rural Development is offering the hotel a $250,000 loan with an energy rebate of more than $60,000.
The hotel and convention center changed its lights to LED and replaced all of its heating and air conditioning units. Ramsey Hotel also installed energy-saving thermostats, a renovation that will ultimately save the company nearly $50,000 a year.
The energy saving project will help save enough energy to power 39 homes every year.
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who contested election results, admits Biden victory wasn’t fraudulent