PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Ramsey Hotel and Convention Center is receiving funds from the state to help become more energy efficient.
USDA Rural Development is offering the hotel a $250,000 loan with an energy rebate of more than $60,000.
The hotel and convention center changed its lights to LED and replaced all of its heating and air conditioning units. Ramsey Hotel also installed energy-saving thermostats, a renovation that will ultimately save the company nearly $50,000 a year.
The energy saving project will help save enough energy to power 39 homes every year.
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Testing slow down continues to worry Knox County Health Dept.
- Mourners continue to pay respects to Ginsburg
- House Dems urge Senate to move forward with negotiations on next COVID relief bill
- CHOW WITH CHELSEA: MOO-YAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes
- Tennessee Coronavirus: State has had 187,544 COVID-19 cases and 2,310 deaths