KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs announced plans Thursday for a new research development lab.
NellOne Therapeutics, Inc. a biopharmaceutical company, is planning to open a new location at the Fairview Technology Center later this year.
The company is on a mission to use a protein to help the human body regenerate tissue.
This, to potentially regulate inflammation and damage caused by disease and viruses such as COVID-19.
“I’ve long thought that innovation is what’s driving global economy,” Jacobs said. “We’re a player in that, East Tennessee and Knox County, with assets like UT, TVA, ORNL come to fruition with a high-tech innovative company choosing to locate in Knox County.”
NellOne Therapeutics Inc. will open its new location later this year that will bring 20 new jobs to East Tennessee.
- Anderson County to move forward with fireworks show
- Coronavirus: Sevier County Sheriff suspends on-site visitation at corrections facilities
- Sevier County: Mask mandate decision may be determined by Monday
- Couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus
- Gatlinburg urges residents, visitors to practice social distancing when watching July 4th fireworks show