KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — UPDATE 10:25 p.m. — One man was found dead following a call for a reported shooting at a South Knoxville apartment complex; the scene was being processed late Thursday night by police and county officials.
According to Knoxville Police Department’s Sgt. Henard, at approximately 8:57 p.m. on Thursday, September 17 KPD officers responded to a call of a deceased person at the Southside Flats Apartments on Fort Stanley Way in South Knoxville.
Upon arrival, Henard says officers located an adult male who was dead at the scene.
The cause of death had not been determined and no further details were yet available.
Members of KPD’s Violent Crime Unit, Forensic Technicians and the Knox County Medical Examiner are processing the scene. Police say this is an active investigation and they would report more details as they become available.
Knoxville Police and emergency crews responded to a reported possible shooting at 2700 block of Fort Stanley Way late Thursday.
The location of the reported shooting was at an apartment complex in South Knoxville. A unit from the Medical Examiner’s Office also reported to the scene.
Dispatch says the call came in just before 9 p.m.
This is a developing story; check back with WATE 6 On Your Side for updates.
- Knoxville-Knox County CAC offers utility bill assistance
- Tracking the Tropics: Gulf Coast braces, again, for hurricane as Zeta takes aim
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Check this out: Beautiful drone video captures fall color change in East Tennessee foliage
- National poll: Joe Biden leads President Trump by 5 points one week from Election Day