KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - A Knoxville man was arrested Thursday afternoon after police said he tried to meet a teenage girl for sex.
Knoxville police say Darius Piarre Jones, 29, was communicating with a 15-year-old girl via "electronic communication" and agreed to meet the girl to have sex. Jones also asked the girl to send him photos of her breasts.
When he was arrested, police said Jones also had marijuana on him.
Jones is charged with solicitation of a minor, exploitation of a minor by electronic means and possession of marijuana.
He is being held in the Roger D. Wilson Detention Facility on a $30,500 bond.
BREAKING: Tennessee Highway Patrol...
Principal honored by school students...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Principal honored by school students for first appreciation day
- Former USA Gymnastics head Steve Penny out on bond from Sevier Co. Jail
- Local businesses getting hyped for Vols vs. Alabama game
- Dozens of new U.S. citizens take oath at Pigeon Forge High School ceremony
- How a Knox County 8th grader's poem changed his teacher's life
- Female lion kills father of her cubs at Indianapolis Zoo
- Traffic way to reverse temporarily on Wall Avenue for garage repair Sunday-Monday
- Dems struggle with Trump's approach to culture war
- Attack in Afghanistan is a reminder of formidable task
- Trump: Saudi arrests in Khashoggi death 'a good first step'
- In full campaign mode, Trump calls Dems 'too extreme'
- Russian woman charged in first 2018 election meddling case
- Trump's campaign mode revives fiery immigration talk
- Alaska's independent governor drops re-election bid