KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knoxville Police responded to a reported incident involving a vehicle that struck a pedestrian Tuesday night.
The incident was reported at the intersection of N. Harrison Street & E. Magnolia Avenue.
According to police, the call came out around 8 p.m. that a pedestrian was struck by a vehicle at East Magnolia Avenue and Harrison Street. The male victim who was struck was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said it appeared the victim was jaywalking when he was hit by the vehicle and that no charges are expected for the motorist.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates as they’re made available.
- Nashville defeats Dallas 1-0 as MLS restarts the season
- 28 positive COVID-19 cases at University of Tennessee-Knoxville, chancellor says
- President Trump says UAE to open diplomatic ties with Israel
- Sisters separated by orphanages, foster homes are reunited after 46 years
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Josephine forms, earliest ‘J’ storm on record in Atlantic