KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Repairs to the downtown electric system will close a northbound and southbound lane of Henley Street and the eastbound lane of W. Church Avenue through Thanksgiving.
The Knoxville Utilities Board is making immediate repairs following damage from a third-party dig in. Work began Tuesday morning and will continue until completed.
The inside northbound and southbound lanes of Hensley street between Clinch Avenue and Cumberland Avenue will be closed. Eastbound W. Church Avenue between Henley Street and Locust Street will also be shut down.
Westbound traffic on Church Avenue will be maintained. Motorists are advised to be aware of crews and to expect possible delays in the area.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- Celebrities react to death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Tennessee politicians react to death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses