KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Repairs to the downtown electric system will close a northbound and southbound lane of Henley Street and the eastbound lane of W. Church Avenue through Thanksgiving.
The Knoxville Utilities Board is making immediate repairs following damage from a third-party dig in. Work began Tuesday morning and will continue until completed.
The inside northbound and southbound lanes of Hensley street between Clinch Avenue and Cumberland Avenue will be closed. Eastbound W. Church Avenue between Henley Street and Locust Street will also be shut down.
Westbound traffic on Church Avenue will be maintained. Motorists are advised to be aware of crews and to expect possible delays in the area.
- Giant, inflatable Ralphie goes on display outside ‘A Christmas Story’ house
- Central defends Class 5A state championship with 30-7 rout over Summit
- Police capture 3rd escaped Nashville teen after pursuit
- Sheriff’s Office searching for suspect in a hit and run that left a man severely injured
- UT: Fewer ejections from games this season even with introduction of beer sales