KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knoxville Police Department will temporarily not be responding to traffic crashes unless there is an injury or disabled vehicles are blocking the roadway because of technical issues from the City of Knoxville ransomware attack.
City of Knoxville employees were notified via email Thursday morning that the city’s network was attacked by ransomware overnight. A city official said attackers demanded bitcoin.
Those needing a report a non-injury crash should do so through their insurance provider, a Police Department spokesman said.
The City of Knoxville website is functional but some online services remain unavailable Friday morning.
- Texas AG says abortions still prosecutable despite court exemptions
- DoorDash reveals top-ordered food for 2023
- Keanu Reeves’ Hollywood Hills home reportedly raided by burglars
- Pregnant Kentucky woman sues over state’s two abortion bans
- Pilot stops in Knoxville, White Pine among first on national EV charging network