KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knoxville Police Department will temporarily not be responding to traffic crashes unless there is an injury or disabled vehicles are blocking the roadway because of technical issues from the City of Knoxville ransomware attack.
City of Knoxville employees were notified via email Thursday morning that the city’s network was attacked by ransomware overnight. A city official said attackers demanded bitcoin.
Those needing a report a non-injury crash should do so through their insurance provider, a Police Department spokesman said.
The City of Knoxville website is functional but some online services remain unavailable Friday morning.
- Celebrating August 8 — Emancipation day in Tennessee
- President Trump extends unemployment benefits, defers payroll tax
- TikTok to file lawsuit against Trump Administration over order banning app in US
- Missing teen from Soddy Daisy has been found safe, according to TBI
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 death toll in state is 1,215, up 9