KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Renovations of The Gateway are underway. The Gateway will be Knoxville’s first recovery community center.
At Wednesday’s kickoff event for the renovations, local leaders knocked down a ceremonial wall.
- Knoxville Police searching for catalytic converter theft suspects
- Volunteers join family in search for Desheena Kyle
- KARM CEO pushes for a different approach to growing homelessness
- Family, Knox County DA hope conviction will lead to information on missing trio
- Temporary lane closures along the Spur beginning Sept. 26
The Metro Drug Coalition members spoke about visits to similar centers in other cities. During these visits, officials saw why a one-stop shop for addiction resources is a solution that really works for people.
“We took a field trip and we went and visited these places,” campaign chair Webster Bailey said. “Incredible success. When you can provide a single source where individuals can come and sort of feel that wraparound care is much greater.”
The Gateway will be on West Fifth Avenue in Knoxville.