Residents displaced by northwest Knoxville apartment fire

Local News
IMG_1537_1550258844548.jpg

A family in northwest Knoxville are receiving assistance from the Red Cross after a fire in their apartment.

The fire was reported just before 12:30 p.m. at Steeplechase Apartments, 580 Central Avenue Pike. Firefighters found smoke coming from one of the units.

Firefighters made their way into the empty apartment and began searching for flames in the attic area. The fire was contained to one unit, but power was disconnected to the entire building.

No one was hurt. The fire appears to be electrical in nature, according to the Knoxville Fire Department.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter