Here is a list of road issues in East Tennessee counties for late Sunday afternoon, according to the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
In addiiton, TDOT crews are continuing to patch potholes and monitor routes for flooding and potential concerns, such as slides. a TDOT spokesperson said.
Small localized flooding locations (not requiring a total road closure) are being posted with high water signs, TDOT said.
TDOT road issues by county in East Tennessee (Updates in bold):
- St Rt 116 at LM 9.4- GSI Responding-Maintenance Contract. 1 lane configuration
- St Rt 9 one lane closed at Pump House Road, NB is detoured to Longmire
- St Rt 9 right lane closed at LM 17 due to slide. Awaiting Geotech review
St Rt 73 at W Millers cove Road to Long Branch Road (22.65-25.94) One Lane Traffic due to slide
St Rt 115 at Indian Warpath Rd (4.77 MM) closed due to flooding WATER STILL IN ROAD, ONE LANE CLOSED, MONITORING
- Interstate 75 in Campbell is being monitored by crews as an area of concern was identified north of Exit
- St Rt 67 at LM 15.7 has one lane closed due to rock slide.- Resolved and Open
- I-40 closed at Exit 451 due to slide in NC
- St Rt 340 between Neil and Turner (5.04 – 7.65) One Lane Traffic due to slide
- St Rt 344 at Needmore Road (3.8 MM) closed due to flooding
- St Rt 34 at Russelville Elementary School (13.72 MM) closed due to flooding
- SR 63. LM 2.5 closed due to flooding
- SR 33 LM 23 closed due to flooding
- St Rt 113 at Melinda Ferry Road (3.78 MM) closed due to flooding
- St Rt 70 Cave Springs Road to Clinch Valley Rd (15.1 -18.3 MM) closed due to slide
- St Rt 66 New Life Road to Clinch Valley Road (23.32 – 26.25) one lane traffic due to slide
- St Rt 363 closed due to cracking in roadway (LM 2-2.5)
- St Rt 92 road closed due to slide and will remain closed until weather subsides and site is stable.- Open
- St Rt 167 closed at LM 7.5 due to slide.
- SR 167 Johnson County is closed at LM 4.39 due to flooding.- minor runoff, no closure
- St Rt 331 East Emory near Jim Wolfe and Longmire, High Water, no closures
- St Rt 131 Karns RR underpass, High Water, no closures
- St Rt 331 at Fountaingate Subdivision, High Water, no closures
- St Rt 131 near Bell Road, High Water , no closures
- St Rt 332 between Northshore and Keller Bend (1.95-7.04 MM) closed due to flooding
- Campbell Station on-ramp is open
- Interstate 40 Patched both EB and WB- Holston River Bridge
- Pothole patching crews throughout the area
- St Rt 72 Closed due to trees/utility lines. Still waiting on the arrival of AT&T due to high pressure on the lines. Crews will continue to monitor the location.
- St Rt 1 (US-11) in Loudon County near Chrisman Road in Lenoir City, near the intersection of SR-73 (US-321).
- St Rt 1 (US-11) in Lenoir City is closed at the 13MM. Lenoir City crews are working the lane closure.
- St Rt 72. High water signs present, no lane closures
- St Rt 61 near the Junction of SR-327. High water signs present, no lane closures.
- Interstate 40 WB Roane County (MM342) has a small slide-no travel impacted at this time (roadside ditch)-geotech has been called.
- St Rt 95 near Poplar Creek is closed by Oak Ridge City police due to high water.
- SR-327 Closed from 1.5-4MM due to flooding. Crews will continue to monitor.
- St Rt 416 reduced to 1 lane of travel.
- St Rt 339 closed due to flooding at Wilhite Road- Open
- St Rt 73 at 5.4 MM all lanes open
- St Rt 338 at St Rt 139 reduced to one lane due to collapsed pipe
- St Rt 339 at 8 MM reduced to one lane due to settlement in roadway
- St Rt 61 at Jim Town Road (18.23 MM) closed due to flooding- Open
- St Rt 61 Cracking reported in the roadway at Big Ridge in Union County; Geotech has reviewed. Crews are monitoring
- St Rt 81 0.0 MM- minor runoff, no closure