Rockford Elementary students back in school after evacuation

Local News
schoolbus1_244872

ROCKFORD, Tenn. (WATE) – Rockford Elementary School students returned to class Thursday morning after a gas leak led to an evacuation.

Students were evacuated to a nearby church after the leak was detected. The Blount County Fire Department and local utility company responded to the school, where they discovered a regulator on the roof had malfunctioned causing the leak.

The Blount County Sheriff’s Office says all students are safe.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter

WATE 6 Storm Weather School