KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Kindergarten students in Knox County are giving back to help kids in their time of need.
Children at Rocky Hill Elementary have collected and donated more than 800 stuffed animals to the Knox County Sheriff’s Office.
Several officers went to pick up the collections Monday morning. Officers carry the stuffed animals in their cruisers as a way to soothe children during difficult situations.
Officers said because of Rocky Hill Elementary’s donation, scared children will be comforted.
- Victim transported to UT Medical with non-life-threatening injuries after shooting in North Knoxville
- NAACP to hold news conference after death of George Floyd
- KCSO: Corrections officer drove new van into fence
- ‘My heart is broken’: Lawmakers weigh in on protests across the nation
- On Your Side: What to know if you received a stimulus prepaid debit card payment