KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Kindergarten students in Knox County are giving back to help kids in their time of need.
Children at Rocky Hill Elementary have collected and donated more than 800 stuffed animals to the Knox County Sheriff’s Office.
Several officers went to pick up the collections Monday morning. Officers carry the stuffed animals in their cruisers as a way to soothe children during difficult situations.
Officers said because of Rocky Hill Elementary’s donation, scared children will be comforted.
- Unrest continues for the second night following Breonna Taylor announcement
- Stimulus check update: Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure
- Centro Hispano’s virtual 2020 Latino Awards Gala a success despite the pandemic
- Governor says he plans to address 3rd grade reading and math issues within weeks
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions