HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — Both parents of a Hawkins County infant have been arrested in connection to the child’s death.
The Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed Andrew Smith, 50, was arrested last week in connection to the death of their 8-month-old son Malcolm. Both are facing child abuse charges.
Jennifer Smith, 33, was indicted on August 17 for aggravated child abuse.
According to an incident report, the child was hospitalized on June 30, 2019. The incident report said the child was on a feeding tube and had exhibited possible signs of shaken baby syndrome.
Malcolm Xavier Smith died on July 15, 2019 at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital, according to an obituary.
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017
- NAS Pensacola opens after securing safety from bomb threat
- Pregnant woman struck, killed by gunfire during argument with boyfriend, police say
- Trump’s pick to lead Homeland Security pressed on origins of family-separation policy
- Grandma dubbed ‘Zoom Karen’ goes viral after interrupting virtual class to blast BLM, Obama