KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A person was injured Saturday morning when someone fired into their car.
The person in the car, which was in the 300 block of Chestnut Street near the intersection with Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., was not hit by gunfire, but had injuries from broken glass, according to the Knoxville Police Department.
An investigation suggests an unknown vehicle pulled next to the victim’s vehicle and shot into it multiple times around 11 a.m., police said.
Officers are searching for the car used in the shooting and ask anyone with information to contact the tipline at 865-215-7212.
- Teacher shortage highlighted, increases due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Job fair coming up in Sevier County
- Oak Ridge fire chief to step down
- Rep. Burchett & Knox Co. Mayor Jacobs comment on Harris being Biden’s pick for VP candidate
- New details about THP trooper involved in I-81 crash in Jefferson County