Rural Metro firefighters put out dryer fire, no damage caused to home

Local News

(Photo: Rural Metro Fire, Knox County)

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Monday morning clothes dryer fire at a residence in West Knox County had crews from Rural Metro Fire at the scene.

According to Rural Metro, at around 7:25 a.m. its crews responded to a report of a house fire in the 1500 block of Sails Way. Arriving crews found a small fire in a clothes dryer; extinguished it and removed the appliance from the house. The house was not damaged in the incident.

After the incident, Rural Metro reminded people to keep their dryer vents clean.

“Always a good opportunity to remind folks to clean out those dryer vents and remove all the lint that can catch fire when you least expect it,” Jeff Bagwell, Rural Metro Fire spokesman, said.

No injuries or further damages were reported.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Tennessee at the Olympics

More Tennessee Olympians

Latest News Videos

Two arrested for hit and run crash

School Supplies Drives

Peyton Manning coming to Knoxville for Greater Knoxville Sports Hall of Fame induction ceremony

Mayor Jacobs: No new COVID restrictions

Dollywood releases August career and jobs fair schedule

Records: State spent $11K on influencers for airfare promo