MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Sears Holdings announced Thursday an additional 40 Kmart and Sears stores would be closing, including the location in Maryville, Tennessee.
The Foothills Mall location, along with 39 other stores, will close in February, with liquidation sales expected to begin next week.
This is in addition to the announcement last month that 142 unprofitable stores, including the Sears at West Town Mall and the Kmart in Halls, would close by the end of the year.
Sears stores in Memphis, Chattanooga and Murfreeesboro were also announced as part of the latest round of closures.
Sears filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last month.
- Friend of KPD Officer injured in unprovoked attack shares plea to witnesses, information
- Knoxville woman charged for stealing hunting dog in Blount County
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle on Alcoa Highway
- KCSO cracks down on retail crime ahead of holiday shopping season
- Sen. Bob Corker on 12 years of service, what's next
- 6 Explores: Hiking in the Smokies during the winter
- WATE 6 On Your Side Storm Team Thanksgiving 2018 travel forecast
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Captain retires, sergeant suspended over Parkland massacre
- ‘Secret Santa' picks up tab for entire layaway at Walmart
- THP's 'I-40 Challenge' to station troopers every 20 miles
- Hospital gunman fired at least 30 times before killing self
- Right-leaning nonprofit paid Whitaker nearly $1 million
- American believed killed by isolated tribe on Indian island
- Trump says he plans to make his first visit to a war zone