KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knox County Parks & Recreation is once again hosting its Second Saturday Concert Series this summer, but with special precautions in place due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The free concerts will be held from 6-8 p.m. July through September on the second Saturday of each month. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own blankets, lawn chairs and food; but, no alcohol is allowed.
The free concerts begin this weekend at two locations: The Cove and Clayton Park; performers include The Rockin Feelerz and Davis Mitchell, who will take the stage.
Two other concerts in August and September will feature LeftFoot Dave and the Magic hats; Wild Blue Yonder, Kutzu and Jay Dee.
Under the state’s COVID-19 guidelines, singers must stay at least 15 feet from the audience. Groups of six can gather, but must remain six feet from other groups.
- What does ‘LIV’ stand for in LIV Golf?
- House holds moment of silence to honor victims of Mississippi tornadoes
- TN Dept. of Agriculture planning to control population growth of spongy moths
- Cuomo on Nashville shooting: ‘You don’t hunt with an assault weapon, you don’t need it for self-defense’
- 1 person found dead in Lenoir City house fire