KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A woman was found stabbed to death early Monday morning at the Holly Berry Apartments on Inskip Drive and police are investigating claims the stabbing occurred in self-defense, Knoxville Police said.
The preliminary investigation suggests that the woman, whose identity was not released, arrived at the apartment and there was a fight, Knoxville Police said in a news release. During the altercation the woman was stabbed by another woman, police said.
Investigators are working to evaluate the claims of self-defense and no arrests have been made. The stabbing was reported around 12:25 a.m. and the woman was found outside the apartment.
- Tracking coronavirus: Knox County active cases dip, 125 residents hospitalized
- Memphis man charged with attempted first-degree murder after he tried to run down deputies, sheriff’s office says
- Titans and Colts play for first place in AFC South
- Vanderbilt kicker Sarah Fuller shares historic spotlight with Nashville nonprofit
- Lady Vols beat Western Kentucky 87-47 in season opener