KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A woman was found stabbed to death early Monday morning at the Holly Berry Apartments on Inskip Drive and police are investigating claims the stabbing occurred in self-defense, Knoxville Police said.
The preliminary investigation suggests that the woman, whose identity was not released, arrived at the apartment and there was a fight, Knoxville Police said in a news release. During the altercation the woman was stabbed by another woman, police said.
Investigators are working to evaluate the claims of self-defense and no arrests have been made. The stabbing was reported around 12:25 a.m. and the woman was found outside the apartment.
- Pigeon Forge hotel leaves room empty for repeat Rod Run couple who passed
- World’s whitest paint could eliminate need for home air conditioning
- Border Patrol, small New Mexico town forge strong bond amid migrant crisis
- ‘Pandemic in a pandemic’: New push in Congress aims to prevent health care worker suicides as COVID rages on
- Knoxville area Catholic school champions support behind enrollment boost