KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A woman was found stabbed to death early Monday morning at the Holly Berry Apartments on Inskip Drive and police are investigating claims the stabbing occurred in self-defense, Knoxville Police said.
The preliminary investigation suggests that the woman, whose identity was not released, arrived at the apartment and there was a fight, Knoxville Police said in a news release. During the altercation the woman was stabbed by another woman, police said.
Investigators are working to evaluate the claims of self-defense and no arrests have been made. The stabbing was reported around 12:25 a.m. and the woman was found outside the apartment.
- House Dems urge Senate to move forward with negotiations on next COVID relief bill
- CHOW WITH CHELSEA: MOO-YAH Burgers, Fries & Shakes
- Tennessee Coronavirus: State has had 187,544 COVID-19 cases and 2,310 deaths
- Vols head coach Jeremy Pruitt inks contract extension through 2025
- Lincoln Memorial University adds three new sports