SEYMOUR, Tenn. (WATE) — The Seymour Volunteer Fire Department now has more room for equipment and more sleeping quarters for firefighters.
Leaders including Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs were on hand Monday morning to cut the ribbon on the department’s new expansion Station No. 2 on Chapman Highway.
The Seymour Volunteer Fire Department says it needs the space since South Knox County is growing. SVFD has six fire stations across its coverage area with two of them in Knox County. The city resides in Knox, Blount and Sevier counties.
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Coronavirus: Maryville College moves to reduced operations for the remainder of the week
- Knoxville-Knox County CAC offers utility bill assistance
- Tracking the Tropics: Gulf Coast braces, again, for hurricane as Zeta takes aim
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.