KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A 98-year-old South Knoxville man has never missed an opportunity to vote, and he wasn’t going to let a pandemic stop him from voting this year.
Calvin Houser, a resident of South High Senior Living has voted in every election since he was 18 years old.
The assisted living facility has discussions every week on current political topics to keep residents up to date and makes sure they’re prepared to make their vote count. Houser voted on Tuesday and said he hopes he’s a positive advocate for change.
- Tennessee Vols to open men’s basketball season with game against Colorado on Tuesday
- Gators claim SEC East title after the Vols fall to No. 6 Florida, 31-19
- UT fans weigh in about first home game since late October
- Make-A-Wish gives special gift to Knoxville child
- TWRA: Body of missing fisherman recovered near Fort Loudoun Dam