KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - The Knoxville Police Department have identified a suspect in a stabbing at a bus stop in Knoxville.
Shirley Robinson was found and placed in police custody Friday night. Robinson was charged with one count of attempted first degree murder.
According to Police, Robinson pulled out a knife and stabbed the victim four times in their right side and back, causing severe injuries including a punctured lung. The victim was rushed to UT Medical center.
Robinson is being held at the Roger D. Wilson Detention Facility on a $150,000 bond.
On August 13th, Knox County 911 received a call of a large fight that involved 20 people at the corner of University Avenue and Alfredda Delaney Street. Both adults and children were involved in the fight.
According to the Knoxville Police Department, four middle school children had just gotten off of the bus with family members waiting for them when the fight broke out.
A woman was sent to UT Medical Center and is being treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
A neighbor who lives near the scene of the fight says she wishes there was more for youth and teens to do.
"If they treat each other with dignity with respect, they're allowed to be in the yard. If they start disrespecting, they don't have to go home. They have to get out of the yard of love," said Patsy Parker.
Parker described her yard, nicknamed "The Love Yard," created to give neighborhood children and teens positive pastimes. On the day of the fight that led to stabbing there was pickup basketball. The week before, there were a bounce house and barbecue.
Parker says she hopes by creating fun ways for the neighborhood to come together, the violence will stop.
"Instead of wanting to fight, I want them to show love to each other," said Parker.
The investigation is ongoing.
Washington, DC Metro employee charged...
Vol fans revisit historic win against...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Vol fans revisit historic win against Florida in undefeated season
- Knoxville man to be part of documentary as he battles cancer
- Group protests outside Pence event in Knoxville
- Pence, Blackburn attend Knoxville conservative conference
- Harriman man arrested for allegedly defrauding elderly
- Sevierville police warn of mystery shopper scam
- Detroit heroin dealer sentenced to additional 31 years after Bearden murder
- AP sources: Rosenstein spoke of possible secret Trump taping
- Northern California authorities arrest alleged serial rapist
- Cruz, O'Rourke trade attacks during testy 1st Texas debate
- GOP to Kavanaugh accuser: Reach deal or panel votes Monday
- AP NewsBreak: DHS Secretary says FEMA head won't lose job
- New evacuations ordered because of Florence flooding
- The Latest: Trump says Kavanaugh born to be on Supreme Court