LOUDON, Tenn. (WATE) — An inmate in the custody of the Loudon County Sheriff’s Office has died.
Joseph Aaron Marbry, 36, of Knoxville, passed away Nov. 17 at the Loudon County Detention Facility. District Attorney General Russell Johnson said an autopsy has been order and is being performed by the Knox County Regional Forensics Center. Once the autopsy is performed more information will be released.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is leading the investigation.
“It is our standard procedure for these matters to be investigated by the TBI,” Johnson said.
Marbry was being held on charges of criminal impersonation and theft of property. He was also on hold for the Knox County Sheriff’s Office for multiple outstanding warrants.
- Crowd gathers to protest Knox County Board of Health meeting
- Target Black Friday deals: Final week of discounts released
- Michigan officials certify election, sealing Biden victory
- White House still planning holiday parties, despite virus warnings
- Students at Horace Maynard Middle School to learn online Tuesday