KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Motorists traveling east on Interstate 40 through Jefferson County this weekend should allow for delays and be alert.
The Tennessee Department of Transporation is planning to make repairs to the I-40 bridge over Brethren Church Road beginning at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28. The bridge is near Mile Marker 424.
I-40 East will be reduced to one lane, and the off ramp to Exit 424, Dandridge/White Pine, will not be affected. All work will be complete no later than 6 a.m. Monday, March 2.
The work is contingent on favorable weather conditions.
- Seymour VFD: 1 injured after truck drives through South Knoxville Burger King
- Knoxville Police: Man wanted for assaulting security guard after stealing from Kroger
- Vice Mayor: Former Nashville Metro Council member dies from COVID-19
- TN Dept of Health: 2,075 new cases of COVID-19, 862 new recoveries
- Foot Locker turning U.S. stores into temporary voter registration sites