KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Motorists traveling east on Interstate 40 through Jefferson County this weekend should allow for delays and be alert.
The Tennessee Department of Transporation is planning to make repairs to the I-40 bridge over Brethren Church Road beginning at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28. The bridge is near Mile Marker 424.
I-40 East will be reduced to one lane, and the off ramp to Exit 424, Dandridge/White Pine, will not be affected. All work will be complete no later than 6 a.m. Monday, March 2.
The work is contingent on favorable weather conditions.
- More than cookie cutters, local business turns to making face shields
- Oklahoma hair stylists under scrutiny for working inside private homes during COVID-19 pandemic
- Safer-at-home order debate divides Tennessee governor, group of doctors
- Weekly unemployment claims in Tennessee reach 94K+
- Report: Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson set for charity rematch involving Peyton Manning and Tom Brady