KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Violent Crimes Unit of the Knoxville Police Department is investigating a shooting late Wednesday that left a 19-year-old hospitalized.
KPD officers responded to a shooting in the 2000 block of Glenn Avenue just after 10 p.m. Wednesday where a 19-year-old male was found suffering from a gunshot wound.
The victim was transported to the UT Medical Center for treatment for his injuries where he remains hospitalized with critical injuries but is in stable condition.
A KPD release said all involved parties are accounted for and no charges have been filed at this time. The incident is under active investigation by the Violent Crimes Unit.
- ‘She was a welcoming soul’: Friends of Carolyn Bartles remember her love for others
- ‘No questions asked, just bring it back,’ grandmother pleads after dead grandson’s cross goes missing
- 2021 Tennessee football coaching staff: A look from top to bottom
- ‘I have loved my job’: Hamblen Co. sheriff reflects on career, announces he will not seek re-election
- UT Chancellor Plowman discusses leadership, strengths