WASHINGTON, D.C. (WATE) – U.S. Representative Chuck Fleischmann (TN-03) announced on Sunday evening that he has tested positive for COVID-19.
Fleischmann, who represents large parts of northeastern and southeastern Tennessee, released the following statement following his positive test:
“Today, I learned that I have tested positive for COVID-19 after coming into contact with another infected Member of Congress, with whom I share a residence in D.C. I have been in quarantine since Wednesday night, which is when I learned the individual had tested positive, and following CDC guidance. I will continue work for my constituents while self-isolating. I currently feel okay and remain in contact with the Attending Physician. I again, want to urge all Americans to continue to wear masks, practice proper hygiene, and follow CDC guidance as we work to combat COVID-19.”
On Friday, Fleischmann said he was in quarantine after coming into contact with someone who had tested positive for COVID-19. He said in a statement released at the time he was not experiencing symptoms and went into quarantine after becoming aware of the exposure.
Fleischmann has represented Tennessee’s third congressional district, which is based in Chattanooga, since 2011.
- ‘It’s not fair’: Rioter who put his feet up in Pelosi’s office complains to judge
- Senate to debate virus relief amid tightened Capitol security
- Chipotle, e.l.f. team up to satisfy your hunger for beauty
- Capitol Police request 2-month extension of National Guard at US Capitol
- ‘I-5 Strangler’ found strangled to death in California prison cell