KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A Tennessee Highway Patrol trooper was involved in a crash Friday on Oak Ridge Highway.
The crash occurred just after 6 p.m. near the intersection with West Emory Road. A portion of Oak Ridge Highway is shut down. The Knox County Sheriff’s Office is investigating.
KCSO confirms that this was a head-on collision with injury.
The scene was cleared around 9 p.m.
No other information has been given at this time. This is a developing story and we will provide more details when made available by officials.
- Small earthquake reported in East Tennessee early Monday
- Blount County Schools to require masks for all students, faculty and visitors
- Knox County reports four COVID-19 new deaths as current hospitalizations remain at record-high
- The best Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart, Amazon, Target
- Beware of COVID-19 scams as vaccine approaches FDA approval