KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Public Library will open eight of its 19 locations next Friday as part of the Phase Two Reopening Plan.
Each of the locations will resume its regular schedule. The Libraries selected to reopen will provide access for patrons in all areas of the county. Next week, 102 employees will return to work with 67 remaining on furlough. Twenty-five library employees continued working during closure.
Each Library has been fully sanitized and equipped with plexiglass sneeze shields at service counters.
Available seating will be arranged to adhere to physical distancing guidelines.
No public computers will be available, however, every location is equipped with WiFi.
The Library will isolate all returned materials for 72 hours to ensure the safe handling of books, CDs, DVDs and other materials. Storytimes, other programs and meeting room use will be suspended until further notice.
Libraries reopening are:
- Lawson McGhee Library, 500 W. Church Avenue
- Burlington Branch Library, 4614 Asheville Highway
- Carter Branch Library, 9036 Asheville Highway
- Cedar Bluff Branch Library, 9045 Cross Park Drive
- Farragut Branch Library, 417 Campbell Station Road
- Fountain City Branch Library, 5300 Stanton Road
- Powell Branch Library, 330 W. Emory Road
- Howard Pinkston Branch Library, 7732 Martin Mill Pike.
Plans to reopen the remaining locations will be announced later.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party