SEVIER COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — Two experienced hikers are taking on the Tour De Smokies challenge.
Their 900-mile hike begins Friday at midnight.
Nancy East and Chris Ford are embarking on this journey in the hopes of raising money for the Great Smoky Mountain National Park’s preventative search and rescue program.
Their hope is to raise $60,000, which would be enough to fund two seasonal rangers to help with search and rescue operations in the park.
East and Ford will be documenting the challenge every step of the way on their blog, Hope and Feather Travels.
All donations can be sent to the Friends of the Smokies through their website or by calling 800-845-5665.
- Inmates can get COVID-19 relief money, no matter their offense, judge rules
- Newborns celebrate 1st Halloween at Philadelphia children’s hospital
- Watch: Firefighters rescue burned barn owl from massive California wildfire
- ADHD Awareness month, part 2: Treatments, and managing symptoms
- US economy notches record growth in third quarter but recovery incomplete