KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Valley Authority released a jaw-dropping video of inspectors scaling the Kingston Fossil Plant chimney stacks.
The inspectors scaled each of the 1,000-feet tall stacks last month; making marks on the stacks, collecting samples and taking photos.
Both of Kingston’s stacks originally carried flue gas before scrubbers were installed back in 2010.
Now, the units share a 400-foot concrete chimney with two fiberglass reinforced plastic liners. But the 1,000-feet stacks can still be used if needed.
- $1,400 stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand halfway through January
- If you received unemployment benefits you could owe taxes
- Knoxville Black Business Directory puts minority-owned local businesses in spotlight
- Photo gallery: President Trump’s presidency
- ‘God put me there’: Man runs toward fiery crash, saves driver on Missouri highway