KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Valley Authority released a jaw-dropping video of inspectors scaling the Kingston Fossil Plant chimney stacks.
The inspectors scaled each of the 1,000-feet tall stacks last month; making marks on the stacks, collecting samples and taking photos.
Both of Kingston’s stacks originally carried flue gas before scrubbers were installed back in 2010.
Now, the units share a 400-foot concrete chimney with two fiberglass reinforced plastic liners. But the 1,000-feet stacks can still be used if needed.
- Officer won’t be charged in Capitol riot shooting, prosecutors say
- Arkansas woman says grandmother murdered ‘to appease God’
- Oracle to bring ‘record number of high-paying jobs’ to Nashville
- Bullet that injured KPD officer not from Austin-East student’s handgun per TBI’s preliminary findings
- FBI: Mexican cartels recruiting members inside U.S. prisons