KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Because of expected rain over the next few days, the Tennessee Valley Authority said it is spilling excess water at dams along the Tennessee River.
Among those dams include the Fort Loudoun Dam, Watts Bar Dam and Chickamauga Dam in Chattanooga.
The TVA also saying it will be storing water in tributary dams to reduce flood levels downstream.
In certain locations, the TVA said, the river level is already above flood stage.
On Friday, the TVA said it was continuing to release “large volumes of water” from all Tennessee River dams.
The TVA also said the river levels were maintaining below flood stage except at Savannah, Tenn.
- Ijams Nature Center seeking volunteers for River Rescue cleanup
- PHOTOS: Snow in East Tennessee – February 20, 2020
- Quest for Gold: Sisters ‘want everyone to see what karate is’
- Two children hospitalized after being hit by truck in Sevierville
- Jammin 99.7: Knoxville’s only Black-owned radio station