KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Because of expected rain over the next few days, the Tennessee Valley Authority said it is spilling excess water at dams along the Tennessee River.
Among those dams include the Fort Loudoun Dam, Watts Bar Dam and Chickamauga Dam in Chattanooga.
The TVA also saying it will be storing water in tributary dams to reduce flood levels downstream.
In certain locations, the TVA said, the river level is already above flood stage.
On Friday, the TVA said it was continuing to release “large volumes of water” from all Tennessee River dams.
The TVA also said the river levels were maintaining below flood stage except at Savannah, Tenn.
- New law requires businesses to enable direct-dial access to 911
- CHOW WITH CHELSEA: Big Ed’s Pizza
- National Guard soldiers visit Walmart to make birthday wishes come true
- Strawberry Plains subdivision dealing with old and new flooding issues 1 year later
- LMU Duncan School of Law, THJ host forum on racial violence in Tennessee