KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Because of expected rain over the next few days, the Tennessee Valley Authority said it is spilling excess water at dams along the Tennessee River.
Among those dams include the Fort Loudoun Dam, Watts Bar Dam and Chickamauga Dam in Chattanooga.
The TVA also saying it will be storing water in tributary dams to reduce flood levels downstream.
In certain locations, the TVA said, the river level is already above flood stage.
On Friday, the TVA said it was continuing to release “large volumes of water” from all Tennessee River dams.
The TVA also said the river levels were maintaining below flood stage except at Savannah, Tenn.
- ‘Dewgarita’: How to make the Mountain Dew margarita Red Lobster’s now serving
- TN Nation: Titans host Jaguars in home opener
- Judge UW Clemon reflects on the legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- SEC announces roster, positional guidelines for cancellations