ASHEBORO, N.C. (WATE) – Authorities have found the wreckage of a small plane that disappeared in North Carolina Friday night.
Authorities found Bryan Andrew Manzer, 61, of Asheboro, and Steven Neil Lewis, 30, of Liberty, on Saturday near the crash site.
Manzer and Lewis were flying back to Asheboro from Knoxville.
The Asheboro Regional Airport reported the plane as missing on Friday night, and the search went through the night and into Saturday morning.
The single-engine four-seat plane took off from Knoxville Downtown Island airport.
The plane went past Asheboro Regional Airport while on an approach to land and flew past the tree line and out of sight.
The search has been going since Friday night, and the wreckage was found two-and-half miles from the airport in a heavily wooded area on Saturday.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the cause of the crash.
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports 103 new cases, 87 new inactive cases
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Beta; Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Caught on camera: Large bull elk bugling amid herd of cows in Colorado
- SUV driver leaves crash scene, gets into second crash and dies, police say
- Watch: Trout air-dropped into mountain lakes by airplane in Colorado