ASHEBORO, N.C. (WATE) – Authorities have found the wreckage of a small plane that disappeared in North Carolina Friday night.
Authorities found Bryan Andrew Manzer, 61, of Asheboro, and Steven Neil Lewis, 30, of Liberty, on Saturday near the crash site.
Manzer and Lewis were flying back to Asheboro from Knoxville.
The Asheboro Regional Airport reported the plane as missing on Friday night, and the search went through the night and into Saturday morning.
The single-engine four-seat plane took off from Knoxville Downtown Island airport.
The plane went past Asheboro Regional Airport while on an approach to land and flew past the tree line and out of sight.
The search has been going since Friday night, and the wreckage was found two-and-half miles from the airport in a heavily wooded area on Saturday.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the cause of the crash.
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Trapped for 2 weeks, 11 workers rescued from China gold mine
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church
- Investigation underway after man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- GOP Rep. Madison Cawthorn, who contested election results, admits Biden victory wasn’t fraudulent