KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Two people were injured Monday evening when police say the vehicle they were in flipped and rolled multiple times on Interstate 40 in Knoxville.
“Based on officer investigation and evidence at the scene, the vehicle was traveling on I-40 West when it collided with the center wall, crossed all lanes of traffic, hit a pole on the right shoulder and flipped multiple times,” said a Knoxville police spokesman.
The two unidentified passengers were ejected from the vehicle have serious injuries, according to Knoxville police.
It happened around 7:15 p.m. near the Papermill Drive.
- Suspect wanted on 2 counts of aggravated assault after shooting at Victor Ashe Park
- Knoxville Police seek help locating man missing since April 15
- Couple IDs mystery litterer they say left cups on their lawn for 3 years
- ‘Transparency also means timely:’ Knoxville mayor again pushes for release of body camera video
- Federal jury convicts former Roane Co. attorney on sex crimes involving minors