KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The University of Tennessee Board of Trustees has approved Title IX changes to the campus’s student code of conduct and board policy allowing the cross-examination of a witness in certain cases.
The new Title IX regulations require universities to hold hearings to determine whether the person accused is responsible. Accused faculty and staff are also entitled to a hearing under the new policy.
At the hearing, parties, through their advisers, can cross examine any witnesses.
For any cases that are not subject to Title IX, regulations will continue to follow the current processes for resolving cases.
- Knoxville Police investigating shooting at Morningside Gardens apartments
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: 3 new deaths bring Knox County total to 76
- CDC warns Americans to ‘avoid’ trick-or-treating for Halloween
- Newsfeed Now: Officer saves 2-year-old boy; WWII canteen returned to family
- Romney OKs voting on court nominee, all but assures approval