KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Hundreds gathered on the University of Tennessee campus Wednesday afternoon for the formal investiture of new UT Chancellor Donde Plowman.
The ceremonial event, held to signify the start of her tenure, happened at the Student Union Auditorium.
The event featured UT’s interim president Randy Boyd as well as former chancellors, current and emeritus members of the board of trustees and several members of the general assembly.
Plowman spoke on what she hopes to focus on as chancellor after having served since the summer.
Plowman took over the job from interim chancellor Wayne Davis, who served the university for about a year.
- 5.5 magnitude quake rattles Southern California
- Mugshots released of all 4 officers charged in George Floyd’s death
- Second suspect arrested for arson of Metro courthouse
- Teen pleads guilty to robbery in NYC college student Tessa Majors’ death
- She stole $27,000 from an elementary school’s PTA and spent it on herself, deputies say