KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Hundreds gathered on the University of Tennessee campus Wednesday afternoon for the formal investiture of new UT Chancellor Donde Plowman.
The ceremonial event, held to signify the start of her tenure, happened at the Student Union Auditorium.
The event featured UT’s interim president Randy Boyd as well as former chancellors, current and emeritus members of the board of trustees and several members of the general assembly.
Plowman spoke on what she hopes to focus on as chancellor after having served since the summer.
Plowman took over the job from interim chancellor Wayne Davis, who served the university for about a year.
- Kroger-Walgreens pilot program in Knoxville
- Volunteer East Tennessee releases 2019 Holiday Guide to Volunteering
- Missa Bay recalls salad products because of possible E. coli contamination
- Three convicted in Zaevion Dobson shooting death appear in court to petition for new trial
- WATCH: Southeastern Stream Live – Week 13