Utilities worker likely shocked, daughter says ‘he’s going to be okay’

Local News

CLINTON, Tenn. (WATE) – A Clinton Utilities Board worker was reportedly shocked while on the job Tuesday, according to the Clinton Police Department. 

The emergency call came in just before noon. Police telling us a worker in a bucket truck was “likely electrocuted” and taken to the University of Tennessee Medical Center.

According to the utility worker’s daughter, Micha Bavousett, “some of his body was burned from the electricity. It went through his stomach and out of his shoulder,” she wrote in a Facebook post.  

“They said he is alert, and going to be okay. Thank you to everyone who prayed for us. It’s a miracle the electricity missed his heart. I’m sure the recovery won’t be too easy so please still keep praying for him!! Thank you all!”

The worker’s name is Michael Bavousett, and he goes by Mike. Mike is a lineman with the Clinton Utilities Board. 

WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more and will bring you the latest details as they are made available. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

WATE 6 Storm Weather School

WATE 6 On Your Side Twitter