ALCOA, Tenn. (WATE) - Alcoa Police have released the name of the name of the victim who was shot and killed on Cherry Street Friday morning.
The body of Kelly Brackin, 52, was found dead inside her home after Alcoa officers were dispatched to conduct a welfare check.
As a result of their investigation, detectives charged Brackin's son Jonathon Sellers with criminal homicide in connection to her death. Sellers lives in Maryville. Sellers was also involved in the officer-involved shooting Friday morning in Pigeon Forge.
“After a thorough investigation, I am thankful to announce the individual responsible for Brackin’s death has been charged. On behalf of the Alcoa Police Department, our thoughts and prayers remain with the family.”
WATE 6 On Your Side has a crew on the scene working to learn more.
Knox County Sheriff denounces...
2 dead, 2 injured after...
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 2 dead, 2 injured after vehicle-vs-pedestrian crashes in Jefferson City
- TVA plans two-year study to decide future for coal ash at Bull Run plant
- Knoxville son thanks Rep. Burchett for helping with mother's remains in Dominican Republic
- Storm damages impact Newport
- Knoxville woman taken in by text message 'smishing' scam
- Zoo Knoxville Komodo dragon Khaleesi dies
- Blount County Sheriff seeking public's help in finding man
- Supreme Court issues first of 4 gerrymandering rulings
- Push continues in Congress to prevent price gouging on prescription pills
- California police look to video after deadly Costco shooting
- US sending more troops to Middle East as Iran tensions mount
- Debating impeachment, Democrats have 2020 on their minds
- US restores some aid but vows no more without migrant action
- Trump campaign fires pollsters after mixed messaging