KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – As kids wait for school to start back, a number of Knoxville arts organizations are hosting virtual summer camps.
Bijou Theatre hosts virtual acting camp
The organization is putting together a five-part virtual acting camp for kids ages nine through 12.
This through a video series on their Youtube page. Kids can learn how to write a script, create characters, and bring their play to life.
Knoxville Museum of Art hosts Summer Art Academy
For the younger kids, through the end of August, the Knoxville Museum of Art is hosting a Summer Art Academy.
There are free online classes, teaching kids three to six about clay, bookmaking, stamping, collages and more.
Tennessee Theatre hosts ‘The Lion King Experience’
Tennessee Theatre is also hosting a virtual camp, The Lion King Experience, for kids eight to 12.
That experience sold out in just 24 hours.
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Man arrested on charge of violating Nashville’s public health order
- ‘Edward Scissorhands’ home in Florida up for sale
- Tropical Weather Systems: Tropical depression, tropical storm and hurricane terms explained
- Former FBI fugitive to serve remainder of sentence in Tennessee