KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Patients at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital got a sweet treat along with a visit from a former Vol.
Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Josh Dobbs along with WATE 6 On Your Side anchor Tearsa Smith’s daughter Kheri took some Girl Scout cookies to the hospital and took photos with patients.
Dobbs handed out more than 100 boxes of cookies. The quarterback said he enjoys bringing a little cheer to the patients.
“Honestly it brightens my day,” Dobbs said. “Just to walk in the room and see the smiles on their face, whether you spend 5 minutes with them or an hour it’s just fun to come in and interact and just get a chance to talk and hopefully take their mind away from whatever they’re going through.”
- TVA board to review CEO pay amid Trump complaint
- Knoxville City Council to consider ordinance for restaurants to serve beer in temporary outdoor seating
- Recall Alert: Four-drawer chests sold exclusively at Kmart for tip-over & entrapment hazards
- Dr Pepper addresses soda shortage at grocery stores
- Border agent charged with transporting narcotics from desert to Phoenix airport