KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Three resurfacing projects in Knox and Jefferson counties along Interstate 40 could slow your travel plans this weekend, the Tennessee Department of Transportation said Friday.
On Saturday and Sunday, the ramp on I-640 East to Exit 1B (Western Avenue) in Knoxville will be closed between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. The ramp will also be closed on Monday between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
RELATED: Knoxville traffic map
On Saturday and Sunday, the ramp on I-40 West to Exit 388A (James White Parkway) in Knoxville will be closed between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Beginning Sunday, there will be lane closures between the I-81 junction and the Cocke County line on I-40 in Jefferson County. These closures will occur in both directions between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., Sunday through Thursday. The off-ramps to Exit 424 will not be affected.
These schedules are contingent on favorable weather conditions. Motorists are advised to use extreme caution in this area as workers will be present.
(Follow @WATETraffic on Twitter.)
- Girls’ High School Basketball Regionals Results
- Youth gather at the Change Center to discuss recent violence, call for action from the community
- Knox County Sheriff’s Office arrests man previously wanted for questioning
- Easy as Pi: Fundraiser to benefit Young-Williams
- Smoky Mountain Bigfoot Festival coming to Townsend May 22