KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Anchor stores have begun reopening in West Town Mall after the mall evacuated Friday morning due to a small fire in the food court area.
The Knoxville Fire Department was alerted to a fire at approximately 11 a.m. in West Town Mall.
Fire department crews discovered a small fire in the rear of three restaurants located in the food court.
The fire sprinkler system contained the fire and crews were able to continue extinguishment. No one was injured.
The mall was evacuated as a precaution and anchor stores have begun to reopen to customers.
The fire is under investigation and no cause has been determined. All mall entrances are blocked to incoming traffic.
- Overturned farm tractor impacts traffic in Loudon County
- Sarah Fuller looks to make history, suiting up for Vanderbilt football team
- US tops 13M confirmed coronavirus cases
- Here’s what is coming to Netflix – and what’s leaving – in December
- Mississippi trooper buys car seat for woman’s son after giving her 3 tickets