KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Anchor stores have begun reopening in West Town Mall after the mall evacuated Friday morning due to a small fire in the food court area.
The Knoxville Fire Department was alerted to a fire at approximately 11 a.m. in West Town Mall.
Fire department crews discovered a small fire in the rear of three restaurants located in the food court.
The fire sprinkler system contained the fire and crews were able to continue extinguishment. No one was injured.
The mall was evacuated as a precaution and anchor stores have begun to reopen to customers.
The fire is under investigation and no cause has been determined. All mall entrances are blocked to incoming traffic.
- Coronavirus: Prayers for nursing home during COVID-19 pandemic
- 98 have died from coronavirus in Tennessee while cases rise to 4,862
- Severe weather possible Easter Sunday
- Apple, Google team up to develop coronavirus contact-tracing tool
- IRS launches new tool to help non-filers register for Economic Impact Payments