KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – It’s a big week for Garth Brooks.
On Wednesday night in Nashville, he was named “Entertainer of the Year” in the nationally televised CMA Awards.
Watch this video to see what he said about winning the CMA top award.
In this acceptance speech, he gave a shoutout to Knoxville’s Kelsea Ballerini, who went to Central High School, as one of the country artists he respects the most.
On Saturday night, he plays a show for an expected 80,000 or more in the University of Tennessee’s Neyland Stadium. He is holding a press conference on Friday afternoon about the Knoxville show and WATE 6 On Your Side will be covering it.
He is letting UT students watch his soundcheck Friday evening for free.
GALLERY: Garth Brooks in photos
- Report: Twitter bans Trump campaign from tweeting over COVID misinformation
- Facebook deletes Trump post for violating ‘harmful COVID misinformation’ policy
- Justices overturn Tennessee mail vote expansion for November
- Knox County Board of Health approves ‘replacement regulation’ to reopen bars with a 10 p.m. curfew
- Kingsport Chamber asking for 90th birthday cards for Pal’s Sudden Service founder Pal Barger