KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Yes, the possibility of snow is in the forecast. Monday night going into early Tuesday morning, the Knoxville area could see some snowflakes.
Today WATE 6 On Your Side Digital Reporter Cameron Jacobs spoke with the Tennessee Department of Transportation as well as Knox County Engineering and Public works on whether they are ready.
“We prepare for winter all year round and when it gets here, we will be ready,” said Mark Nagi, a spokesperson for the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
The same goes for Knox County public works employees. “We like to be ahead of it we have a brine system in place, typically if there is no rain and they’re hollering for a major event we’ll start getting the main roads,” said Curt Thomas with Knox County Public works.
The WATE 6 Storm Team is tracking this storm and the snow possibility until the first flakes hit the ground.
- Campbell County Sheriff: Missing fugitive out of Illinois found dead in residential community
- Senators press colleges on coronavirus safety plans to reopen campuses
- Senate Dems: Republicans’ words aren’t enough to address police brutality, racial justice
- JCPenney closing Maryville store, 6 Tennessee stores total
- Police: Man faked wife’s disappearance so she’d avoid prison