KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Yes, the possibility of snow is in the forecast. Monday night going into early Tuesday morning, the Knoxville area could see some snowflakes.
Today WATE 6 On Your Side Digital Reporter Cameron Jacobs spoke with the Tennessee Department of Transportation as well as Knox County Engineering and Public works on whether they are ready.
“We prepare for winter all year round and when it gets here, we will be ready,” said Mark Nagi, a spokesperson for the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
The same goes for Knox County public works employees. “We like to be ahead of it we have a brine system in place, typically if there is no rain and they’re hollering for a major event we’ll start getting the main roads,” said Curt Thomas with Knox County Public works.
The WATE 6 Storm Team is tracking this storm and the snow possibility until the first flakes hit the ground.
- Knox County reports 23rd COVID-19 death in September, 76 new cases & 90 new inactive cases
- Texas woman says she was fired by Whataburger for wearing a Black Lives Matter mask
- Political independent Dwayne Johnson endorses Biden for president
- Here’s the story behind those electrified ‘e-shields’ authorities were carrying during Memphis protests
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn