KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Yes, the possibility of snow is in the forecast. Monday night going into early Tuesday morning, the Knoxville area could see some snowflakes.
Today WATE 6 On Your Side Digital Reporter Cameron Jacobs spoke with the Tennessee Department of Transportation as well as Knox County Engineering and Public works on whether they are ready.
“We prepare for winter all year round and when it gets here, we will be ready,” said Mark Nagi, a spokesperson for the Tennessee Department of Transportation.
The same goes for Knox County public works employees. “We like to be ahead of it we have a brine system in place, typically if there is no rain and they’re hollering for a major event we’ll start getting the main roads,” said Curt Thomas with Knox County Public works.
The WATE 6 Storm Team is tracking this storm and the snow possibility until the first flakes hit the ground.
- Missa Bay recalls salad products because of possible E. coli contamination
- Three convicted in Zaevion Dobson shooting death appear in court to petition for new trial
- WATCH: Southeastern Stream Live – Week 13
- Suspect in Aniah Blanchard kidnapping denied bond, ordered to take DNA test
- Former THP officer charged with bribery of public servant in Greene County