KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A woman is facing a voluntary manslaughter charge in relation to a August stabbing on Inskip Drive in North Knoxville.
Jada McNair, 21, was indicted Wednesday by a Knox County grand jury in the death of Markisha Allen, 24.
According to an initial investigation by the Knoxville Police, McNair arrived on Aug. 10 at the Holly Berry Apartments where an altercation between the her and Allen occurred.
Claims of self-defense were given at the time of the incident.
McNair was booked into the Roger D. Wilson Detention Center on a $75,000 bond, and has since bonded out. No court date has been set as of yet.
- Knox County parents weigh in on how they think ESSER funding should be spent
- Tennessee saw a 36% increase in tornadoes last decade, but that’s not the whole story
- More than 40 neglected dogs rescued in Jackson, TN animal cruelty case
- FLOTUS to visit Nashville to encourage vaccinations as TN rates remain low amid Delta variant threat
- Wood you look at that! Lumber prices drop in Tennessee