OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) — More than 600 eighth-grade through 12th-grade girls got the chance to explore a career in a multitude of STEM fields on Thursday.
Y-12 National Security Complex played host to the eighth annual Introduce a Girl to Engineering Event. Science, technology, engineering and mathematics professionals were on hand to offer advice and show all the possibilities that are available in their respective careers.
“It is a male-dominated field, but if they stay strong and confident, and they push to prove themselves, it will work out just fine,” Patience Simes, a member of the Oak Ridge Mechanic League, said.
Several colleges and technology programs were also there to help juniors and seniors learn about education opportunities after high school graduation.
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 6 game highlights
- Vol fans gear up for football season; share excitement about first game
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- Bars, restaurants prep for first Vol football game since COVID-19