KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Zoo Knoxville held a special celebration this morning for “Nipper,” the white-handed gibbon.
The Lar gibbon primate turning 53 years old on Wednesday.
The zoo says she’s one of the oldest of her endangered species in the entire country; she was born back in 1967.
For her birthday, signs were put up, along with hanging toys.
Nipper also given special enrichment treats of bananas and grapefruit.
- ‘Everybody loved that little boy’: Sumner County volunteer firefighters honor toddler killed in accidental shooting
- Waterbury Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Cases up 2.9% to 50,140
- WATCH LIVE: Fireworks in downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee
- Bruno the Bear makes it to Missouri on interstate trek