KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Zoo Knoxville held a special celebration this morning for “Nipper,” the white-handed gibbon.
The Lar gibbon primate turning 53 years old on Wednesday.
The zoo says she’s one of the oldest of her endangered species in the entire country; she was born back in 1967.
For her birthday, signs were put up, along with hanging toys.
Nipper also given special enrichment treats of bananas and grapefruit.
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- SEC announces roster, positional guidelines for cancellations
- 2 Knox County commissioners co-sponsor resolution to limit power of board of health
- Tennessee reports 942 new COVID-19 cases, 1,801 new recoveries
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments