KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Upepo will officially join the pride Wednesday.
The 5-year-old male African lion, will make his public debut in the Valley of the Kings habitat. The 400-pound lion, whose name means “wind” in Swahili, joined Zoo Knoxville in July from Wildlife Safari park in Winston, Oregon.
Knoxville Opera performers Aubrey and Wayd Odle, accompanied by artistic director Brian Salesky, will welcome Upepo by performing popular animal-themed songs from classic movies.
- Photos: Thousands march in Washington to pray and show Trump support
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017
- NAS Pensacola opens after securing safety from bomb threat
- Pregnant woman struck, killed by gunfire during argument with boyfriend, police say
- Trump’s pick to lead Homeland Security pressed on origins of family-separation policy